Grab-and-Go Granola Bars
This grab-and-go granola bars recipe is perfect for your breakfast or quick snack from Aviva Goldfarb of The Six O'Clock Scramble shares this recipe. See the full post at Kitchen Explorers.
- 1 cup quick-cooking or old fashioned oats
- 1 cup spoon-size shredded wheat cereal
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 ½ cups dried fruit such as raisins, cherries, apricots, cranberries, prunes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly oil or coat an 8 x 8-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray and set it aside.
- Place the oats, shredded wheat, walnuts, dried fruit, cinnamon and salt in the bowl of a food processor and pulse it until the mixture is finely chopped (the fruit should be the size of a dried pea or lentil).
- Whisk together the eggs, honey, and vanilla in a large bowl until well blended. Add the oat mixture and chocolate chips and stir to combine. Spread the mixture evenly in the prepared pan and flatten gently with the back of a spoon or rubber spatula.
- Bake about 18 minutes, or until the edges turn golden brown. Let cool completely in the pan before slicing into twelve 2 x 2 1/2-inch bars.