Grand Cru Stew
- 1 lb. stew beef
- 1 lb. potatoes
- 1 celery bunch
- 2 bell peppers
- 6 tomatoes (you may substitute tomato sauce/paste onion soup mix makes a simple seasoning pack)
- 3 leeks (or a gob ‘o onions)
- Gallons and Gallons of wine
- 1 lb. carrot bunch (minis are great)
- 1 large can of beef broth (if you don’t have any in the freezer next to the goat ears)
- Rosemary oregano, basil
- Cube 1 pound of stew beef and toss into stockpot filled with 2 cups of wine
- 4 cups of broth, sliced carrots and onions (leeks are even better, if available).
- Add tomatoes & garlic. Toss in bay leaves and/or any other leaves and twigs
- Cover and simmer on low heat for at least an hour. (Use 8 wine cubes for the 2 cups of wine.)
- Add lots of celery for crunch, colorful bell peppers and potatoes. A little tapioca (preferred) or instant potato will thicken the juice nicely. Let simmer for hours.
- Season with freshly ground pepper, sea salt and just before service, add a few drops of really good Balsamic vinegar
- Place a thin slice of parmesan on top with freshly chopped parsley and serve with beautiful, crusty bread and olive oil.