Homemade Granola Bars
Source: Adapted from Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Network Website Recipes, The Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Program
Cook time: 25 Minutes
Yield: 24 servings
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 3 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup grated carrots
- 1/2 cup coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Peel and grate the carrots.
- Put the honey and peanut butter in a large saucepan. Cook on low heat until they melt.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Turn off the burner.
- Add oatmeal, raisins, carrots, and coconut to the saucepan.
- Stir well, and let it cool until you can safely touch it with your hands. Put the mix in the baking pan. Press the mix firmly into the bottom of the pan. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Cut into 24 bars.
Nutrition InfoEach serving provides: 160 calories, 60 calories from fat, 6 grams fat, 1.5 grams sat fat, 0 grams trans fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 5 mg sodium, 25 grams carbohydrate, 2 grams fiber, 15 grams sugars, 4 grams protein