This incredibly simple recipe for bruléed grapefruit is a fun way to liven up a brunch menu with the same technique as crème brulée. Food blogger Jenna Weber shares pairing options for grapefruit in a full post on the Fresh Tastes blog.
- 1 large red grapefruit
- 1 ½ - 2 tbsp white sugar (preferable “raw” sugar if you have it)
- Turn your broiler on high.
- Slice the grapefruit in half and blot heavily with a paper towel to absorb any dripping juice.
- Sprinkle sugar on both halves and broil for about six minutes, or until sugar begins to caramelize. If you have a small kitchen blow torch, you could alternately use that for best results.
- Remove caramelized grapefruits from the broiler and let cool slightly before serving.