Greek Chickpea Pasta Salad
Make this Greek chickpea salad recipe for a lighter, portable dish perfect for beach days or spring picnics. Food blogger Jenna Weber explains why this dish does not need any additional dressing in a full post on the Fresh Tastes blog.
- 1 cup dry elbow macaroni
- ¾ cup chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 6-oz jar quartered artichoke hearts
- ½ cup chopped olives
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 4 sundried tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- pinch of sea salt
- Cook pasta in boiling salted water until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the chickpeas, artichoke hearts (with oil from the jar), olives, sundried tomatoes, oregano, feta and red pepper flakes. Toss to combine. Add the cooled macaroni and toss again.
- Season with a pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately or keep in the fridge for up to five days.