Greek Rice Salad
Try this Greek rice salad recipe made with a feta vinaigrette. You can watch Sue prepare the dish in this clip from Lakeland Cooks!
- Greek Rice Salad:
- 3 cups cooked medium-grain brown rice
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, torn in half
- 1/3 cup pitted Kalamata olives, sliced
- 1/4 cup Feta Vinaigrette (see below)
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Fresh greens
- Feta Vinaigrette:
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Pinch of sugar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano or one-fourth teaspoon dried
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Greek Rice Salad: Combine rice, tomato halves, olives and vinaigrette in a large mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange fresh greens on a platter and place rice mixture on top of greens.
- Feta Vinaigrette: Put all ingredients into a jar and shake until well blended.
Tips/TechniquesTo cook brown rice, place 1 cup uncooked rice and 2 cups water into saucepot. Bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for about 45 minutes or until water has disappeared and rice is tender without being mushy. This will yield about 3 cups of cooked rice. Cooked brown rice can be refrigerated for up to 7 days. In tightly sealed freezer containers or bags, it can be stored in the freezer for up to 6 months.