- coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 ¾ pounds green beans stem end trimmed
- ½ cup sliced unblanched almonds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add green beans; cook until bright green and tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Drain in a colander; rinse under cold water, and pat dry.
- Meanwhile, spread nuts in a single layer on a baking sheet; toast in oven until golden brown and fragrant, about 7 minutes. Transfer to a plate to cool.
- In a large bowl, toss green beans with oil; season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a serving dish. Garnish with toasted almonds.
Nutrition InfoPer serving: per serving: 113 calories; 9.5 grams fat; 3.4 grams protein; 5.8 grams carbohydrates; 3 grams fiber