- 12 corn tortillas
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 cup shredded chicken (optional)
- 1 cup grated cheese (use a combination of cheddar, mozzarella, and muenster or Monterey jack to create a taste similar to Mexican cheese)
- Rip the tortillas into small pieces and place them in a pan coated in olive oil. Turn them over so they don’t get too toasted and add salt.
- Add salsa verde or roja (see previous recipe) and let simmer for 2-3 minutes, mixing so that the tortillas are coated in salsa.
- Add cheese and shredded chicken, if desired.
- Add some water to the pan to deglaze it and to thin out the sauce, otherwise the tortillas will get too dry.
Recipe Courtesy of Casa Romero in Boston, MA