Green Tomato Mint Salad
These young tomatoes are crisp, tangy and juicy with just a hint of sweetness. Add some mint and you have a refreshing green tomato mint salad. (Recipe Credit: Marc Matsumoto of Fresh Tastes.)
- 9.2 ounces green tomatoes
- 1.9 ounces feta cheese
- 1 handful fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Black pepper (to taste)
- Core the tomatoes and slice them 1/8-inch thick. Cut the slices into 1/8-inch sticks.
- If the feta was packed in brine, drain and pat dry with a paper towel. Use a fork to crumble the cheese.
- Add the tomatoes into a bowl with the feta, mint, olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Toss to combine and adjust seasonings to taste. Serve immediately.