Greens with Basil Vinaigrette
Fizzy’s Tip: Smoked Gouda cheese makes a great substitution for the cheddar.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil or ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 cups mesclun greens
- 1/2 English cucumber diced
- 1 large tomato diced
- 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese diced
- 1/4 cup raisins
- To make the dressing: Place all the ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
- To make the salad: Place all the ingredients in a large bowl and drizzle with the dressing. Mix well and serve immediately.