Grilled Artichokes with Spicy Lemon Aioli
Why just grill any old vegetable when you have Jenna Weber's's recipe for grilled artichokes in a full post on the Fresh Tastes blog.
- 2 large artichokes
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- sea salt
- 2 lemons
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- juice of ½ lemon
- ¼ tsp sriracha sauce
- ¼ tsp minced garlic
- sea salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Trim your artichokes by slicing off the bottom “nub” and slicing each in half. Bring a large pot of water to a boil on the stove. Add the juice of 1 lemon to the water, along with a big pinch of salt. Once boiling, carefully drop in the artichokes. Let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium/high while artichokes are simmering.
- After 20 minutes, remove artichokes from the boiling water and place on paper towels to drain. Drizzle two tbsp olive oil over each artichoke, followed by another big squeeze of lemon juice and a sprinkle of sea salt.
- Place artichokes on the grill, cut-side down. Close grill and let cook for about 8-10 minutes, checking occasionally. You want the artichokes to get really nice and charred.
- While the artichokes are grilling, prepare your aioli. Mix together all ingredients and season to taste. When artichokes are tender and charred, remove from the grill, let cool then serve with the spicy lemon aioli.