Grilled Brussels Sprouts with Warm Mustard Dressing
Serve this grilled Brussels sprouts recipe with a warm mustard dressing and caramelized onions for a side dish from food blogger Marc Matsumoto on the Fresh Tastes blog.
Yield: Serves 4 as a side
- 400 grams brussel sprouts (14 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt (halve if using regular salt)
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 130 grams red onion (4.6 ounces or about 1/2 and onion)
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 25 grams pecans (.88 ounces, about 1/4 cup)
- Remove the tough outer leaves of the Brussels sprouts and then trim and cut the the sprouts in half (top to bottom so that the core holds the leaves together).
- Add the Brussels sprouts to a bowl and toss with 1 tablespoon of olive oil to coat evenly. Add the salt and pepper and toss to combine.
- Grill the brussels sprouts cut-side down on a medium hot grill until the sprout is lightly charred and cooked through about 4-7 minutes. If you are using a broiler, broil them cut side up.
- While the sprouts are grilling, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a saute pan and fry the onions until tender. Add the mustard and honey and continue frying until the honey starts to caramelize. Add the vinegar, stir to combine, and then pour the hot dressing over the grilled Brussels sprouts.
- Add the pecans and toss it all together. Serve warm.