Grilled Butternut Squash Salsa
This grilled butternut squash salsa recipe appears courtesy of Beckett's Table in Phoenix, AZ. Watch a review of this restaurant from Check, Please! Arizona.
- 1 large butternut squash (grilled and roasted)
- 10 slices smoked red onion (can be substituted with caramelized onion)
- 1 pomegranate seed
- ¼ cup toasted pumpkin seed
- ¼ cup local feta cheese
- Splash of extra virgin olive oil
- Slices of toast (if desired)
- Peel, slice and grill the squash. Place in a baking dish and finish cooking in oven (for about 15 minutes). Remove from oven and let cool.
- Dice the squash as small as you can. Dice the onions.
- Toss the squash in a bowl with the oil. Add the onions and both seeds.
- Lay out the toast. Top the toast with salsa.
- Crumble the cheese for garnish on top. (NOTE: Do not top the toast with the salsa until you are ready to serve)
- Garnish with your favorite herb or micro green.
Tips/TechniquesIt is also great on salads, pastas or as a salsa for chips.