- 4 slices bacon
- 4 thick slices whole-wheat sandwich bread
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese sliced
- 1 large red apple quartered, cored, and sliced crosswise
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place bacon on a rimmed baking sheet (lined with parchment paper for easy cleanup); bake until crisp, 6 to 8 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels; tear each slice into quarters.
- Place bread on clean baking sheet. Top with cheese, apple, and bacon. Bake until cheese has melted, 10 to 12 minutes.
Nutrition InfoPer serving: 435 calories; 25.6 grams fat; 19.4 grams protein; 31.1 grams carbohydrates; 4.8 grams fiber