- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 4 large slices challah or Italian bread (cut 3/4 inch thick)
- 4 ounces thin semisweet chocolate bar
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Confectioners' sugar for dusting
- In a large, shallow dish, whisk together eggs and milk; set aside.
- Form two sandwiches with the bread and chocolate (break chocolate as necessary to cover bread without extending over edges); dip both sides of sandwiches in egg mixture to coat.
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat; transfer sandwiches to skillet. Cook, pressing occasionally with a spatula, until golden, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate. Cut in half, and dust with confectioners' sugar before serving.
Nutrition InfoPer serving (1/2 sandwich): 350 calories; 19.9 grams fat; 9.3 grams protein; 36.5grams carbohydrates; 2.9 grams fiber