Grilled Churro Lamb with Juniper
Chef Freddie Bitsoie demonstrates this traditional Navajo delicacy, on PBS Food's Lidia Celebrates America; Part 4: Ancient Navajo House Blessing.
- 4 (8 oz.) cuts from leg of lamb
- 3 tablespoons dried juniper (substitute ground juniper berries)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- Combine dried juniper, salt, and pepper into a bowl and stir to coat lamb. (If desired, add a bit of oil and marinate).
- Let ingredients sit for about an hour.
- On a preheated grill, grill for about 6 minutes on each side (for medium well).
- Remove to a plate and allow to rest for about 7 minutes.