Grilled Corn Salad with White Beans and Avocado
Roasting brings out the corn's natural sweetness, and the avocado and lime creates a great Southwestern flair. Jenna Weber breaks down the flavor combinations in a full post on the Fresh Tastes blog.
- 3 ears raw white corn, husked
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 avocado, small diced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 15-oz can white beans (cannellini beans), drained and rinsed
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped (optional)
- juice of 1 lime
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- pinch of black pepper
- Heat up your grill to medium high heat. Rub the ears of corn with a little bit of olive oil and place on grill. Close grill and cook for about 15 minutes, flipping corn occasionally. You really want the corn to be nice and charred…don’t be afraid to keep it on the grill longer than you think!
- When done, remove corn and let cool completely. Then, assemble the salad.
- To make the dressing, mix together the fresh lime juice, 1 tbsp olive oil and a pinch of salt. Shake well then set aside.
- When corn has cooled, carefully cut kernels off the cob and into a large bowl. Top with the chopped green onions, white beans, jalapeno pepper and diced avocado. Add ¼ tsp salt, a pinch of pepper and mix well.
- Pour dressing over salad and serve immediately or cover tightly and chill until serving.