Grilled Farmers Cheese with Fresh Strawberries and Pistachios
Did you know that Farmer's Cheese is made by pressing out most of the moisture from cottage cheese? Farmer's Cheese has the mild flavor associated with cottage cheese but it is a firm and dry cheese.
- 8 ounces farmers cheese sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1/4 cup ice wine
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tbls. chopped mint
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios
- In a mixing bowl toss strawberries, ice wine, sugar, and mint together and allow to macerate for an hour.
- Pre heat grill, season cheese with salt, pepper and oil.
- Grill on one side only for about 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a plate and serve with strawberries and pistachios.
Tips/Techniques*please note: use a firm style farmers cheese, if a soft cheese is used, cook cheese in a hot saute` pan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, in place of grilling.