Grilled Peach, Gorgonzola Dolce, and Dandelion Greens
This is a grilled peach and dandelion salad dressed with a sweet and tangy balsamic vinaigrette.
- 2 whole peaches
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small red onion
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- Kosher or sea salt to taste
- Coarse ground black pepper to taste
- 4 cups baby dandelion greens
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola dolce
- 1 recipe Balsamic Vinaigrette
- To remove the pit, slice through the peach and cut all the way around. Then, twist the peach in different directions so they separate. Once the pits are removed, season the peach halves with salt and fresh black pepper, and marinate them in the 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar and extra-virgin olive oil.
- Cut the red onion into 1/4-inch rings, then marinate in the 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar. Add salt and black pepper to taste.
- Once the grill is hot, grill the peaches slowly on medium heat and let them caramelize, about 4 minutes per side. Make sure to flip the peaches so both sides cook evenly. While the peaches are grilling, place the marinated onions on the grill and cook until caramelized, about 2 minutes.
- To serve the dish, use 1 half peach per plate. While still warm, split the peach in half, placing two quarters in the center of each plate. In a mixing bowl, mix together the baby dandelion greens, the warm grilled onions, the mint leaves, and the balsamic vinaigrette. Season with salt and black pepper, and then place the dressed salad on top of the peach quarters.
- To garnish the salad, sprinkle the crumbled Gorgonzola dolce on the top of the greens. Next, drizzle the salad with extra-virgin olive oil, season with cracked fresh black pepper, and serve immediately.