Grilled Peach Salsa
This grilled peach salsa recipe will top any mango salsa. Food blogger Jenna Weber suggests letting the recipe sit in the fridge overnight to meld the flavors. She shares her ideas in a full post on the Fresh Tastes blog.
- 1 sweet yellow onion, minced
- 1 lb yellow peaches
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 large tomato, minced
- 1 bunch cilantro, minced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- pinch of sea salt to taste
- Preheat your grill to medium high heat. Rub a little olive oil over the grates.
- Slice your peaches down the middle and discard the pit. Once the grill is hot, set peaches (cut-side down) on the grill and close the top. Grill for 8-10 minutes, until peaches are very juicy and have those nice charred lines running across. Remove peaches from the grill and turn off grill.
- Set grilled peaches aside to cool. Meanwhile, combine the minced sweet onion, jalapeno pepper, tomato, cilantro and garlic in a large bowl. Once peaches are cool enough to handle, chop them up and add them to the bowl.
- Squeeze a lime over everything, toss well and season with sea salt to taste. This salsa is excellent on anything from chicken tacos to chips to scrambled eggs. It tastes better once it has time to marinate in the fridge for a bit, though, so I suggest letting it sit overnight before serving.