Grilled Pork Chops with Coconut Rum and Caramelized Pineapple Sauce
- 6 6oz. center cut pork chops
- 2 cups Pineapple med. Dice
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 4 Shallots minced
- ? cup Coconut Rum
- 1/12 cup Chicken Stock
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 3 tbs. Lime juice
- 3 Tomatoes seede and diced fine
- Hot Sauce to taste
- 3 tbs. Cilantro chopped for garnish
- In sauce pot, add 3 tbs. Butter as it starts to brown, add pineapple and cook until edges start to caramelize.
- Now add brown sugar, mix thoroughly, then add shallots and garlic and bring to a simmer.
- Next add rum and flambe ingredients. When flame dies down, add chicken stock and bring to another simmer and reduce liquid by half.
- Add lime juice, tomato, hot sauce slat and pepper.
- Add cold butter to thicken sauce.
- Over medium coals, grill 6-6oz. center cut pork chops seasoned with salt and pepper. Grill until done.
- Ladle sauce over the top, garnish with cilantro and serve with beans and rice.