Grilled Salmon with Summer Fruit Salsa
Fruit salsa brings out the summery flavor of salmon, cooked on the grill or the stove.
- 4 6-ounce salmon fillets bones removed
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- black pepper to taste
- 2 kiwis peeled and diced
- 1 nectarine diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion finely diced
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- Prepare salsa ingredients and let sit at room temperature to bring out the flavors.
- Combine marinade ingredients and place in a large zip-lock bag. Add salmon to bag and seal. Marinate for 10 minutes, shaking bag occasionally.
- Heat the grill, remove fish from bag and grill the fillets until fish flakes easily. Or use a nonstick skillet, spray with cooking spray, and cook 5 minutes skin side down. Flip and continue cooking until fish begins to flake.
- Serve salmon with skin off over couscous or mixed baby salad greens. Top with a mound of Summer Fruit Salsa.