Grilled Shrimp Tacos with Poblano-Corn Salsa
Add some poblano-corn salsa to this grilled shrimp tacos recipe for a delicious Taco Night dinner. Jenna Weber shares her Cinco de Mayo inspiration in a full post on the Fresh Tastes blog.
- 1 ear corn, husked
- 6 scallions, white and light green parts only (about 5 inches)
- 1 poblano chile
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 large (or 2 small) haas avocado
- 1 small bunch cilantro, minced
- juice of two small limes
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1./2 salt
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 lb shrimp
- 1 package corn tortillas
- Heat your grill up to medium high.
- Brush corn, green onions and poblano chile with olive oil and place on grill. You want everything to have a nice char to it—to chile should be black and the corn and green onions should be charred. This will take about five minutes, flipping occasionally with tongs.
- When done, remove veggies from grill and let cool on a plate. When cool, peel the now black skin off the pepper, remove the seeds and chop into small dice. Run your knife down the corn to remove the kernels from the cob and place into a bowl with the pepper. Chop the charred green onions and add them in with the corn and pepper.
- Add chopped avocado, cherry tomatoes and cilantro to the bowl and add lime juice and salt. Season to taste and set aside while you prepare the shrimp.
- Wash and devein if necessary then grill only a few minutes until pink. Be careful because shrimp cook extremely quickly! When done, place into tortillas, top with salsa and eat immediately.