Fizzy’s Tip: To store, press a piece of plastic wrap directly against the surface of the guacamole, then wrap with plastic wrap.
Yield: Makes about 1 cup, serving 4
- 2 ripe avocados coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves plus additional for garnish
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Pinch kosher salt
- Using a fork, coarsely mash all the ingredients together in a medium bowl. Transfer to a serving bowl, and serve with baked pita chips.