Firm and flaky halibut baked with a crisp Parmesan crust.
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup flour
- 8 ounce halibut filet
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2-3 tablespoons clarified butter
- Preheat oven to 375°. Make an egg wash by beating the egg and water together with fork until well combined. Put the flour on a plate and drag the halibut through the flour until the fish is completely covered. Shake off the excess flour.
- Put the egg wash in a wide shallow bowl and coat the floured fish with the egg wash.
- Put the Parmesan cheese in a wide shallow bowl and drag the fish filet through it until it is completely coated.
- Melt the butter in heavy-bottomed pan over medium-high head. Put the fish in the pan and brown both sides, about 2-3 minutes for each side. Place the fish in the oven for an additional 5 to 10 minutes, depending on Halibut thickness, or until the fish is opaque and a paring knife slips easily into the center of the filet.
Plate with fries, rice, or steamed red potatoes, and garnish with lemon and parsley.
This fish pairs nicely with a crisp Sauvignon Blanc, a buttery Chardonnay, or a bright and green Vinho Verde.