Halloween Monster Cupcakes
Try these multicolored cupcakes for Halloween treats that you can makes with your kids from Alice Currah of SavorySweetLife. Alice shares this recipe in a full post on Kitchen Explorers.
Prep time: 10 Minutes
Cook time: 25 Minutes
Yield: 12 servings
- 1 box white cake mix, batter prepared according to package instructions
- black, green, and purple food coloring/gel
- 1 can vanilla frosting
- mini marshmallows
- black piping gel
- Divide the cake batter equally into three bowls. Tint each bowl of batter with a different shade of food coloring until you achieve your desired colors. Preheat the oven according to cake mix instructions. Line muffin tins with cupcake liners. Spoon one tablespoon of black cake batter to form the first layer in each baking cup. Spoon a layer of green batter followed by the purple one. Resist the temptation to mix the colored batter. Continue to spoon batter into each tin until 2/3 full. Bake the cupcakes according to package baking times. When the cupcakes are ready, remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Tint the vanilla frosting green with food coloring. Transfer the frosting from the can to inside a sealed zip top bag. Snip the corner 1/4″ from the tip with scissors. Once the cupcakes are cool to touch apply the frosting.
- To decorate the each cupcake, apply enough pressure to the frosting bag and make pointed dots around the surface of the cupcake. Attach three mini marshmallows for eyes and dot each marshmallow with black piping gel for eye balls.