Hazelnut and Orange Biscotti
This hazelnut and orange biscotti recipe is Paul's interpretation of the signature challenge in the Biscuits episode of Season 3 of The Great British Baking Show. It is explained in further detail by Paul in Masterclass: Part 1.
Prep time: 30 Minutes
Cook time: 1 Hour
Yield: 24-30 biscotti
- 250g (9oz) plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 250g (9oz) caster sugar
- 3 medium free-range eggs, beaten
- 200g (7oz) chopped hazelnuts
- 1 large orange, finely grated zest only
- Preheat the oven to 300° and line a large baking tray with baking parchment.
- Mix together the flour, baking powder and sugar in a bowl and add the eggs slowly to make a dough. Mix in the hazelnuts and orange zest.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead the mixture gently and divide into 2. Roll into logs, each approximately 25cm (10in) long. Place on the lined baking tray and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, leave to cool slightly, then cut each log into 1½-2cm (⅝-¾in) thick slices. Lay the slices on the baking tray.
- Return the tray to the oven and bake for another 5-7 minutes, turn over and continue to bake for another 5-7 minutes until golden-brown. Remove from the oven and cool on a wire rack.