Healthy Protein Ice Cream
Chris Sherry submitted this recipe for our Healthy Eating Contest.
Chris Sherry describes the recipe:
This recipe has over 30 grams protein with less than 8 grams of healthy fats. The berries are a healthy source of nutrients, while the yogurt is a healthy source of protein and helps with digestion. This recipe is perfect for hunger cravings while providing a comfort food, very tasty. This is one attempt I made, and was delicious. Other variations can be done using specific fruit and yogurt
Prep time: 5 Minutes
Cook time: 5 Minutes
Total time: 3 Hours
- low fat yogurt (strawberry)
- plain greek yogurt
- frozen mixed berries (strawberries berries raspberries blueberries )
- milk (any type)
- natural peanut butter
- optimum nutrition chocolate whey protein
- Using a blender, add about a cup of mixed berries with half or more of low calorie low fat yogurt ( I use strawberry) with two spoonfulls of plain fat free greek yogurt.
- Add only two lid fulls of milk and 1 tbsp natural peanut butter. Blend in blender until consistent.
- Add one scoop optimum nutrition natural chocolate whey protein. After consistent, taste, and add more peanut butter or whatever you desire for taste.
- Pour into a storage device and cover in the feeezer.
Tips/TechniquesTo increase creaminess - use more greek yogurt.
Nutrition InfoThis recipe is high in protein, the whet adds 24 grams while the greek yogurt, lowfat yogurt and milk add even more protein. The peanut butter should be used moderately, as it is a source of healthy fats and optional for the recipe.