The Hemingway Special
Author Ernest Hemingway was a fixture at the El Floridita bar in Cuba, and this cocktail honors his favorite drink.
- 2 jiggers Bacardi or Havana Club rum (1 jigger = 1 1/2 ounces)
- Juice of 2 limes
- Juice of 1/2 grapefruit
- 6 drops of maraschino liqueur
- Fill a blender one-quarter full of ice, preferably shaved or cracked.
- Add the rum, lime juice, grapefruit juice and maraschino.
- Blend on high until the mixture turns cloudy and light-colored. Pour into chilled fluted glass and serve.