Hoisin sauce is a staple of Chinese cooking, prepared with soybeans, garlic, chile peppers, and spices. It adds a flavorful, authentic Asian touch to numerous dishes and pairs especially well with salmon.
Prep time: 5 Minutes
Total time: 45 Minutes
Yield: Serves 4
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 8- to 10-ounce salmon steaks 1 inch thick
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Preheat broiler. In a glass measuring cup, whisk together orange juice, hoisin sauce, and honey.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper. Place on a broiler pan lined with aluminum foil. Spray top of broiler pan with cooking spray. Brush half of the hoisin sauce mixture over to coat.
- Broil salmon about 4 inches from the heat source, basting once, until opaque in center, 10 to 13 minutes.
Nutrition InfoPer serving: 312 calories; 16.4 grams fat; 30.1 grams protein; 7.8 grams carbohydrates; 0 grams fiber