- 1 cup homemade oat flour (SEE NOTE 1)
- 1/2 cup ground walnuts (SEE NOTE 2)
- 2 tablespoons vegan confectioner’s sugar
- 6 tablespoons cold vegan margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 to 2 ½ teaspoons cold nondairy milk
- ½ cup confectioner’s sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large cookie sheet with unbleached parchment paper.
- Put the oat flour, walnuts and 2 tablespoons sugar in to a medium mixing bowl. Whisk together. Add the cold margarine and vanilla. Combine using a dough blender or large fork. Add the cold nondairy milk 1 teaspoon at a time, until the mixture becomes the consistency of soft dough.
- Form into a log. Put the dough log in the refrigerator and chill for 20 to 30 minutes, or until almost firm to the touch.
- Slice into 1/4 inch slices. Place on the cookie sheet and form each cookie into a crescent shape. Bake for 7 minutes, then turn the heat down to 300 degrees F. Bake 10 to 12 minutes more, or until slightly golden around the edges.
- Meanwhile, pour the confectioner’s sugar into a medium size bowl.
- Remove the cookies from the oven, cool 4 minutes, then roll each cookie in additional confectioner’s sugar. Place on a pretty serving tray.
- Store leftover cookies covered in the refrigerator.
Tips/TechniquesNOTE 1: To make oat flour, place 1 ½ cups rolled oats in a blender and process until consistency of coarse crumbs. Proceed with recipe as directed.
NOTE 2: For ground walnuts, place 3/4 cups chopped walnuts into a blender and process until consistency of coarse crumbs. Proceed with recipe as directed.