Holiday Turkey Sandwich
This sandwich allows you to enjoy the flavor of the holidays all year round. This holiday turkey sandwich recipe appears courtesy of The Monastery in Mesa, Arizona. Watch a review of this restaurant from Check, Please! Arizona.
- For the Cranberry-Cream Cheese:
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 4 ounces jellied cranberry sauce
- For the Sandwich:
- 2 slices multi-grain bread
- 1 ounce butter or margarine
- 5 ounces freshly shaved turkey breast
- 3 ounces cranberry cream cheese
- 1 slice Swiss cheese
- 2 ounces spring mix lettuce greens
- 3 slices of tomato
- Start by making the cranberry-cream cheese. Slightly warm 8 ounces of cream cheese. Add 4 ounces of jellied cranberry sauce and blend completely. Once the mixture is a creamy pink paste, refrigerate immediately. Leave in the refrigerator while preparing the rest.
- Preheat grill to desired temperature.
- Spread ½ ounce of butter on one side of each piece of bread. Place bread, butter side down, on grill until golden brown.
- Using the grilled side of the bread as the inside of the sandwich, start by spreading the cranberry cream cheese on the grilled side of each slice of bread. The warm bread will allow it to spread more easily and the harder grilled surface will help the bread to not break.
- Build you sandwich with Swiss, turkey, tomato and lettuce. Close the two halves.