Homegrown Microgreens Salad
Microgreens are packed with vitamins and minerals. Learn more on the Kitchen Vignettes blog.
- For the Salad:
- 1 cup of microgreens
- 1 blood orange, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 avocado, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 cup of shredded carrot or daikon radish
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- For the Dressing:
- 1 Tbsp. cold-pressed olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 clove chopped garlic (optional)
- A dash of salt and pepper
- If your microgreens have some soil on them, give them a light wash and air dry them in a colander for a few moments. (They are very fragile so need to be handled with care).
- Place them in a bowl and add the remaining salad ingredients.
- Stir up your vinaigrette in a little jar and pour on top of the salad.