Homemade Apple-Raisin Oatmeal
Warm and hearty, oatmeal is the perfect start to the morning. Raisins, chopped apple, and cinnamon turn oatmeal from bland to flavorful.
Source: Adapted from Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Network, Website recipes
Cook time: 5 Minutes
Yield: 2 servings
- 1 1/2 cups apple cider
- 3/4 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1 apple
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Put the cider in a saucepan and bring to a boil on medium heat.
- While waiting for the cider to boil, using a vegetable peeler, remove skin from the apple.
- Cut the core out of the apple.
- Chop the apple into small pieces.
- Stir oatmeal, raisins, chopped apple and cinnamon in to saucepan. Turn heat to low. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Nutrition Info(Each serving provides 270 calories, 21 calories from fat, 2.4 grams fat, 0 grams saturated fat, 0 grams trans fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 9 mg sodium, 60 grams carbohydrates, 6 grams fiber, 33 grams sugar, 4.6 grams protein)