Healthy Homemade Applesauce
With fresh apples from the Farmers' Market, sugar, and water, you can easily make your own homemade applesauce that is healthier than prepackaged jars found in the supermarket.
Source: Favorite Farmers’ Market Recipes, Saratoga County CCE
- 6 cups cored and sliced or diced apples
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar (optional)
- Combine apple and water in covered saucepan.
- Cook on medium heat for 10-15 minutes, or until apples are tender and water is evaporated.
- Put apples through a food mill or puree in a blender or food processor. Taste and add sugar, if desired.
- Reheat to dissolve and blend in sugar. Store in refrigerator for up to one week or freeze for longer storage.
Nutrition Info(Each serving provides 80 calories, 0 calories from fat, 0 grams fat, 0 grams saturated fat, 0 grams trans fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 0 mg sodium, 21 grams carbohydrate, 3 grams fiber, 17 grams sugars, 0 grams protein)