Honey Barbecue Roast Chicken
Learn how to turn roast chicken into something extraordinary from Jenna Weber of Eat, Live, Run. See the full post at the Fresh Tastes Blog.
- 1 4-5 lb chicken, preferably organic and free range
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons barbecue seasoning
- 1 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1 head garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Remove giblets from chicken (they’ll be in a little packet stuck into the cavity of the chicken).
- Liberally rub barbecue seasoning and salt all over chicken. Slice the top off the garlic head and place it inside the chicken cavity (no need to peel).
- Place chicken in a large roasting pan or 9 x 13 inch pan and drizzle with olive oil. Place in oven. Roast for 90 minutes.
- To check to see if chicken is done, stick a meat thermometer into the center. If the temperature reaches 180 degrees, it’s done. You may need to continue roasting for a full two hours to reach desired temperature as different ovens range in temperature.
- When chicken is done, brush honey all over the skin right out of the oven. Let chicken rest for 10-15 minutes before slicing.