Honey Cornbread Snacking Cake
This Honey Cornbread Snacking Cake is meant to complement a leisurely Summer vibe. (Recipe Credit: Adrianna Adarme of the Fresh Tastes blog)
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 3/4 cups white granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 2/3 cup buttermilk, shaken
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup melted butter, cooled slightly, plus 1 additional tablespoon for pan
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/3 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease (with butter) and flour an 8-inch cake pan and line the bottom with parchment.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk together the yogurt, buttermilk, eggs, melted butter and honey. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until just combined.
- Add the batter to the cake pan and push the fresh blueberries into the top of the cake. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool for 5 minutes in the pan. Run a butter knife along the side and invert the cake onto a plate. Dust with powdered sugar.