Honey Mustard Chicken
This Honey Mustard Chicken recipe only takes 40 minutes to make for an easy dinner. (Recipe Credit: Marc Matsumoto of Fresh Tastes)
- 1/4 cup honey mustard
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 22 ounces skin-on bone-in chicken pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 lemon, sliced thin and seeds removed
- Parsley, minced for garnish
- Preheat to 350 degrees F.
- Make the sauce by whisking together the the honey mustard and wine. If you don't have honey mustard, you can make it by mixing together 2 tablespoons of mild honey with 2 tablespoons of dijon mustard.
- Season the chicken on all sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat a heavy bottomed, oven-safe pot that's just large enough to hold the chicken in a single layer over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add the olive oil, rosemary and garlic and fry until fragrant. Add the chicken, skin side-down, making sure the garlic and rosemary don't get trapped under the chicken. Fry undisturbed until golden brown (about 3-4 minutes).
- Flip the chicken and then immediately pour the honey mustard sauce all over every piece of chicken. Top each piece of chicken with a slice of lemon.
- Place the pot in the oven (uncovered), and bake the chicken for 30-35 minutes (or until an instant read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the chicken registers 165 degrees F.
- When the chicken is done, sprinkle the minced parsley on top and serve.