Hotel Paulin Snow Crab Salad with Avocado & Mango
Make this hotel paulin snow crab salad with avocado and mango. Toss with Asian vinaigrette.
- Asian Vinaigrette:
- ½ cup (125 ml) rice vinegar
- Grated rind from one lime
- ¼ cup (50 ml) fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tbs (15 ml) Kikoman Lite Soy Sauce
- 1-2 tbsp (15-25 ml) bottled Chili Garlic Sauce
- 1-2 tbsp (15-25 ml) bottled Hoisin Sauce
- 1 tbsp (15-25 ml) bottled sweet Thai chili pepper sauce
- 2 tbsp (25 ml) brown sugar
- 2 tbsp (15 ml) sesame seed oil
- 1 cup – 1 ¼ (250- 300 mL) vegetable oil
- Mixed bag of salad greens
- 2 bunches of bean thread noodles, softened in hot water,
- drained and chilled*
- 1 mango, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced into quarters
- 8 oz (225 g) fresh crab meat (legs and/or salad meat)
- 2 tbsp (25 ml) fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbsp (25 ml) chopped roasted red peppers
- Mayonnaise to taste
- 4 fresh large crab claws
- 2-3 green onions, julienned (place in ice water)
- Toasted black & white sesame seeds
- Fresh cilantro leaves for garnish
- Mix together all vinaigrette ingredients and finish by whisking in oil. Adjust quantity to taste.
- Toss noodles in a bit of dressing to season and place on ¼ on each salad.
- Place salad greens on plate and lay mango slices on top.
- Place ¼ avocado on top of noodles.
- Mix crab meat, chopped cilantro, red peppers together with a small amount of mayonnaise and a bit of the Asian dressing to moisten. Place crab mixture on top of each of the avocado quarters.
- Lean one crab claw on the avacodo of each salad and garnish with green onion.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and fresh cilantro.
Tips/TechniquesTo soften bean thread noodles, pour enough boiling water to cover noodles and let soak 7 minutes, then drain.