Make this huckleberry parfait recipe with huckleberry meringue, yogurt mousse, and lemon streusel. Recipe shared by Chef Bill Corbett on Bringing It Home with Laura McIntosh.
- Yogurt Mousse
- ¼ cup cream, to be warmed
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ each vanilla bean, scraped
- 1 teaspoon powdered gelatin
- 2 cups Greek yogurt
- 1 cup cream, whipped to very soft peaks
- Huckleberry Meringue
- 1 cup huckleberry puree (puree equal parts huckleberries and water, strain, reserve extra puree to mix with fresh huckleberries)
- 1/8 tablespoon cream of tartar
- 1/3 cup egg white powder
- 2 cups sugar
- .5 tablespoon salt
- Lemon Streusel
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 2 tablespoon salt
- 1 each lemon zest
- Yogurt Mousse: Combine first cream, sugar, salt, and vanilla bean in a pot.
- Sprinkle gelatin over liquid and let soften for 1 minute.
- Bring to a boil stirring constantly with a heat resistant rubber spatula.
- Strain through a fine mesh sieve into yogurt.
- Whisk to combine thoroughly.
- Gently fold whipped cream into yogurt mixture in three stages.
- Pour approximately four ounces (1/2 cup) into each glass and let set in the refrigerator for at least four hours.
- Huckleberry Meringue: Whisk together huckleberry puree, cream of tartar and egg white powder.
- Place in stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment.
- Place sugar in a small pot and add enough water to create a wet sandy texture, making sure there are no sugar crystals on the sides of the pot.
- Begin whipping huckleberry mixture on a slow speed.
- Cook sugar to 242F(softball stage) on a candy thermometer.
- Pour hot sugar into mixing bowl making sure to pour down the side of the bowl into the whipping huckleberry mixture.
- Whip on medium high speed until stiff peaks are achieved.
- Place meringue into a piping bag fitted with a large round plain tip
- Lemon Streusel: Combine all dry ingredients and lemon zest in a mixing bowl.
- Add butter a little at a time, rubbing in until all butter has been mixed in.
- Bake at 325F until golden brown, mixing every five minutes.
- To assemble: Mix fresh huckleberries with a little puree so that they have a jammy appearance. Place an even layer on top of the mousse in the glass. Top with an even layer of lemon streusel. Then pipe a large dollop of meringue on top of the streusel and serve.