Prep time: 15 Minutes
Total time: 30 Minutes
Yield: Serves 4
- 8 ounces shiitake mushrooms stems removed, caps thinly sliced
- 5 garlic cloves thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 1/3 cups canned crushed tomatoes
- 3 strips orange zest cut 3 inches long and 1/2 inch wide
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed rosemary
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch chunks
- In a 2 1/2-quart microwave-safe dish with a lid, combine mushrooms, garlic, oil, and 1/4 cup water; season with salt and pepper. Cover, and microwave on high, 2 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, orange zest, rosemary, cayenne, and chicken until combined. Cover; microwave on high until chicken is just cooked through, 12 to 14 minutes. Remove orange zest and serve.