Insalata Di Mare
- 2 lbs baby octopus (cleaned w/sea salt)
- 2 lbs cuttlefish (cleaned w/white vinegar)
- 1 lb mussels (washed)
- 1/2 lb. small to medium shrimp (shelled and cleaned)
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup sea salt
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 lemon
- 6 cloves garlic (chopped)
- Fresh parsley (chopped)
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- Tenderize octopus by soaking overnight in cold water containing a handful of sea salt, then boil in large pan, adding vinegar.
- Place cuttle fish in boiling water, return to boil and cook for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and allow to cool.
- Do the same with octopus, cooking for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Remove most of water from pan, leaving enough for steaming shrimp 2-3 minutes and mussels 5 minutes.
- Allow both to cool and remove shells from mussels.
- Slice cuttlefish into rounds and octopus into bite-size pieces.
- Place everything in large bowl, mix with olive oil and garlic.
- Cool and add parsley, salt and pepper to taste. Squeeze lemon over fish and slice for garnish.