Ricotta and cream cheese combine in this luscious Italian Cheesecake from QED Cooks and Chris Fennimore.
- 2 lbs. ricotta
- 2 - 8 ounce packages of cream cheese
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 6 eggs
- 1 pint sour cream
- Butter and flour a 9" springform pan. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Get all ingredients to room temperature.
- Cream together ricotta and cream cheese. Add the sugar, lemon juice and vanilla. Beat well.
- Blend in one egg at a time at low speed. Mix in sour cream and pour into pan. Place on a baking pan to catch any drips and bake for one hour.
- Turn off the oven and leave cake inside for 3-5 hours to set.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour or overnight before serving. Serve with fresh berries, crushed pineapple or cherry pie filling.