Kabocha Turkey Pasta
Create a pasta dish with Thanksgiving leftovers such as turkey and pumpkin. This turkey pasta has the colors of autumn and great flavor from Marc Matsumoto of NoRecipes. Marc shares his inspiration for the recipe in a full post on the Fresh Tastes blog.
- 8 ounces pasta, boiled according to package directions
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 shallot diced
- 1 cup Kabocha pumpkin cut into 1/4” cubes
- 1 cup cooked turkey cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley or sage
- Boil the pasta according to the package directions.
- Add the butter to the pan and heat over medium heat until the butter is sizzling and has just started to turn brown. Add the shallots and Kabocha and fry until golden brown around the edges and the pumpkin is tender. Add the turkey, then salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the pasta to the pumpkin and turkey and toss to coat evenly. Add the parsley, toss and serve immediately.