- 3 medium tomatoes (cut in half seeded, and diced)
- 3 cloves fresh garlic (cloves peeled and thinly sliced)
- 1 red barrel onion (peeled and diced)
- 2 cups chopped kale (cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 2 cups chopped collards (cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 2 cups chopped mustard (cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 3 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 1 1/2 quarts vegetable stock
- Sea or kosher salt
- Fresh milled pepper
- Heat grapeseed oil in a soup or sauce pot over medium heat.
- Add sliced garlic and "fry" until golden.
- Add onions to pot and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add chopped greens and sauté until wilted.
- Add vegetable stock, tomatoes, and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer and cook for about 10 to 15 minutes.
This segment appears in show #3205.
Recipe courtesy of Michel Nischan
© 2007 Michel Nischan