Kale Quinoa Bowl with Plantain and Avocado
This Kale Quinoa Bowl recipe features plantains, avocado, pickled radishes, and a hard-boiled egg for a nutrient-dense meal. (Recipe Credit: Adrianna Adarme of the Fresh Tastes blog)
- 1 small bunch of kale, chopped
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 brown plantain, sliced
- Pickled radishes
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1 boiled egg
- Start by adding a teaspoon of olive oil to a sauté pan set over medium low heat. When the oil is hot, add the kale, a pinch of salt, the lime juice and sliced green onions. Saute until kale is wilted and a bright green color, about 2 minutes.
- To your bowl, add the cooked quinoa and sautéed kale. Meanwhile, to the same saute pan, add an additional teaspoon more of olive oil. When hot, add the sliced plantain and cook on both sides until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to the bowl with the quinoa and kale.
- Add the pickled radishes, avocado, black beans and egg. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve with a side of hot sauce. Of course, this is just a bit of a blueprint to accomplish the bowl you see pictured; the combinations are endless!