- Ingredients for paste
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 1/4 tablespoon ginger powder
- 1/4 tablespoon cardamom
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon clarified spiced butter
- 1 cup dry curd cottage cheese
- Ingredients for sauce
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/4 yellow onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- Directions for paste: Cook onions and garlic for about 5 minutes in vegetable oil, add spinach and remaining ingredients and cook for another 10 minutes. Turn off heat and let cool.
- Put dry curd cheese into a blender. Add prepared spinach and blend till becomes paste.
- Directions for sauce: Fine mince onion and jalapeno in blender; add yogurt and salt and mix.
- Paste is spread on injera (Ethiopian bread) rolled cut and served with yogurt sauce.