Homemade lemon curd recipe that can be made in 7 minutes using the microwave method.
Prep time: 5 Minutes
Cook time: 2 Minutes
Total time: 7 Minutes
Yield: 3/4 cup
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- Optional: zest of one lemon
- Whisk together the sugar and egg until smooth in a microwave safe bowl. Gradually stir in the lemon juice, butter, and zest.
- Whisk all the ingredients until completely smooth and sauce like.
- Cook the mixture in the microwave for one minute, then in 45 second intervals. Make sure to stir well after each cooking period, remembering to scrape the sides well.
- Total cooking time should vary but shouldn’t be more than 3-4 cycles. The lemon curd is ready when it is thick enough to stick to the back of a spoon.
- Transfer the curd to a mason jar. Keep in mind the curd will thicken as it cools.