To make tasty dishes in minutes, use your microwave. It’s a great way to steam fish. You can also microwave potatoes or other vegetables to serve with the fish; if you do, double the butter mixture, and toss the extra with the vegetables before serving.
Prep time: 10 Minutes
Total time: 15 Minutes
Yield: Serves 4
- 3 tablespoons butter softened
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons prepared white horseradish
- 3/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 sole fillets (6 ounces each)
- Coarse salt
- Lemon wedges for serving (optional)
- In a small bowl, stir together butter, parsley, lemon zest and juice, horseradish, and mustard.
- Season both sides of fillets with salt; lay, flat side up, on a clean work surface. Reserve 2 teaspoons butter mixture; dividing evenly, spread remaining butter mixture on top of fillets. Fold fillets in half crosswise, enclosing butter mixture.
- Place folded fillets in a 9-inch microwave-safe dish with a tight-fitting lid. Top with reserved butter mixture, dividing evenly. Cover; microwave on high until fish is just cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- To serve, place fillets on plates, and spoon juices from dish over fillets; garnish with lemon wedges, if desired.
Tips/TechniquesNote: The butter mixture gives the mild-tasting sole added flavor. Spread it down the center of each fillet, then put another spoonful on top of the folded fish.
Nutrition InfoPer serving: 235 calories; 10.7 grams fat; 32.3 grams protein; 1 gram carbohydrates; 0.3 gram fiber