Food blogger Marc Matsumoto blends Thai and South American flavors in this lemongrass ceviche recipe on the Fresh Tastes blog.
- 200 grams (7 ounces) firm white-meat fish such as flounder or red seabream
- 1 stalk (about 8 grams) lemongrass, white part only, thinly sliced
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 4 grams (1 small clove) garlic
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon palm sugar
- 1-2 thai bird chilies, thinly sliced(to taste)
- 40 grams (1/2 small) red onion, thinly sliced
- cilantro, (to taste) chopped
- Remove any bones and cut the fish into cubes.
- Add the lemongrass, lime leaves, garlic, lime juice, fish sauce and palm sugar to a blender and puree until smooth.
- Pour this mixture over the fish, chiles and onions. Let the mixture soak for at least 4 hours or up to 24.
- Just before serving, stir in some chopped cilantro.